May 18th – 20th in Fayetteville, Arkansas
Leadership, Spirituality and Education
In a world that is becoming ever more complex, fast-paced and diverse, we need leaders who tap deep reserves of wisdom – leaders who have both the knowledge and the capacity to transform themselves and their organizations to meet constantly evolving challenges. We invite scholars, business leaders and participants to grapple with profound questions, such as:
– How do we speak about spirituality in leadership and education in inclusive ways?
– What would a spiritually and developmentally mature leader look like?
– How do we as educators best equip our students to meet the challenges of their time in history?
– How do we use concepts from great spiritual traditions and secular humanism to expand human capacities for leadership?
– In our pluralistic societies, how do educators and business professionals encourage emerging leaders to articulate meaning, purpose and values in their lives? What frameworks might we offer them for enacting these?
– How do leaders and educators model timeless principles of leadership while allowing forms and styles to evolve?
– How do we integrate mindfulness concepts and practices into education and leadership?
– Compelling keynotes and symposia
– Paper Sessions
– Professional Development Workshop (PDWs)
– Poster Sessions
Set in the beautiful Ozark Mountains, Fayetteville offers opportunities to connect body and mind with nature through hikes, canoe/kayak excursions, etc. A visit to the renowned Crystal Bridges Museum of American Art (followed by a social gala dinner) will round out the cultural experience
Registration opens: January 3, 2017
Early Bird Registration (EXTENDED to March 5, 2017): $440 USD
Standard Registration (after March 5, 2017): $495 USD
A generous donation from Tyson Foods, Inc. has made it possible for us to include a unique networking event in the cost of registration. This Social Dinner at Crystal Bridges Museum of American Art will bring together local business leaders, MSR scholars and special guests for dinner, a keynote address and ample time to network while viewing the outstanding collection. Transportation by chartered bus is included.
-Conference fee includes welcome reception, one breakfast, two lunches, Social Dinner at Crystal Bridges Museum of American Art and transportation to Social Dinner by chartered bus.
-Hotel Accomodations: The Hotel Chancellor @ $124/night (see ‘Lodging and Travel’ section of this site for a direct link to our reservation; reference 2017 IAMSR Conference if calling the hotel to reserve your room)
*Cancellation Policy – We understand that situations arise beyond any one person’s control and we will do our best to accomodate extenuating circumstances. Please review our cancellation guidelines below:
– 50% of registration fees refunded if requested before April 15th, 2017
– 25% of registration fees refunded if requested before April 29th, 2017
– No refund available after April 29th, 2017